AOL Desktop is the best way to remain connected with AOL Mail, AIM and get all the world and entertainment new on AOL.com. AOL Desktop is a easiest way to get connected with online world, as its provides all the services at one place. You can also experience the personal touch by customizing AOL Toolbar and you can also have the one click access to those sites which you frequently visit which may be either a shopping site or a banking site. So, Download AOL Desktop and experience the online world from a single place and it’s completely free to download.
Steps to Download AOL Desktop
- First of all you need to visit daol.aol.com/software/aoldesktop97.
- Under AOL Desktop 9.7, you need to click on Download Now button. If you face any problem while downloading the can contact AOL Customer Care.
- Open the file and click Run in order to install the file.
- After that AOL Desktop 9.7 installer will launch and start downloading necessary files. You can minimize it or quit the download process by clicking on Quit Now.
- On nest step you will be asked to close all the AOL applications. If you don’t have any AOL Application installed and receive this message then click on Continue Install and you will reach the next step.
- And if you already have a previous version of the AOL Desktop installed on your computer, then you need to select Upgrade Existing Version.
- After that you need to select the preferred software settings by checking the check boxes and then click Continue.
- You can manually select the folder in which you want to install AOL Desktop by clicking on Change Location.
- Once you’re finished with installation process, AOL Desktop 9.7 will automatically run.
Just remember that you need a registered AOL to get into the Desktop, so if you don’t have a registered account then you need to create a new AOL Account.
Share and Enjoy
AIM is the online instant messaging application launched by AOL.com. AOL Instant Messenger is loaded with many features which will take you to a whole new level of chatting world. One of the latest updated features on AIM.com is the ability to send the IMs to your cell phones as text messages. To enable this feature you need to know the cell phone number of the person to whom you want it sent it.
Steps to send Text messages for AIM
- First open a new IM window on aim.com by double clicking on name of the person that you want to send text message.
- Then click on the “TXT Message” option located at the window.
- If you have already enters the phone number then you will be proceeded further otherwise you need to enter the phone number of that person.
- Type your message, and then click on send button and it’ll go straight to your friend’s cell as a text message.
You can also forward the instant messages that you receive to your mobile phone when you are away from your computer. For that you need to change the settings, for which you need to go to the edit menu on the setting on your AIM Account and then choose Mobile. After that you need to register your cell phone for Instant messages forwarding. You can also reply all of those IMs with text messages from your cell phone.
AOL Instant Messenger is also capitalizing on the popularity of Voice over IP (VoIP) by offering free Internet phone calls to AIM users. In order to make a voice call from AIM you need to need a headset which has a built-in microphone. If you don’t know how to make the free voice call then you need to follow the following steps.
Steps to make Voice Call from AOL Instant Messenger
- First of all double-click on a contact from your Buddy List.
- Then you need to click on the “Talk” button located at the bottom of the window.
- After when your buddy receives the call you can start the conversation.
Other than these features AIM provides you the basic feature like chatting, sharing pictures, create your profile and many more.
Share and Enjoy
Forgot your AOL Login password? No worries! If you’ve forgotten the AOL password for your AOL Mail account, then you can easily reset the aol password. For that you just need to follow the steps below to Reset AOL Password.
Steps To Reset AOL Password
- Visit password.aol.com from your web browser.
- On the AOL Login Page just under the Password box, you can find the Forgot Password? Link.
- Enter your AOL screen name or Username in the Username field.
- On the second field, you need to enter the words or characters that you see in the displayed image and click next. If you don’t see what’s written in the image clearly, then you can click the refresh button which will provide you with new set of words or characters. If that doesn’t help you, you can also click the volume button to listen the word that is displayed in the image.
- Next, you need to verify that this account really belongs to you. For this you can select any of the option among these: Text My Mobile, Alternate Email Address, and Account Security Question.
- You can now easy reset AOL password. For that you need to enter a new password and then reenter the same password. You must know that the password that you enter is case-sensitive and must be 16 characters long.
- After that you need to Click Next button.
- Now you are done with resetting your password and you can login to AOL account with new password.
Note: In some cases while resetting your password you may be asked to choose some additional option. For need further assistance, you can contact or call AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364 from Monday to Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and for Saturday you can call between 8AM and 10PM ET.
Share and Enjoy
AOL Mail Instant Messenger is capable of pushing mobile notification for the iPhone. It pushes all the new instant messages on to your smartphone’s home screen. Once you have enabled the AOL Mail Mobile Notification, all the instant messages will appear similar to the received text messages on your iPhone. You can also change the settings, so to change the settings of AIM mobile notifications, you must access it directly from the iPhone’s notification preferences, which allows you to both enable or disable sounds, alerts or badges. AOL Mail Mobile notification or AIM Mobile notification can also be configured through the AOL Mobile site and the AIM app’s preferences. But before that you will need a AIM application for iPhone with iPhone with iOS version 3.1 or later.
Steps to Change the AOL Mail Mobile Notification Settings
- You can start by touch “Settings” on the iPhone screen and then “Notifications.”
- Then you need to swipe your finger over the Notifications to enable the feature and then tap “AIM” from the category list.
- Again swipe your finger against the switch on the Sounds, Alerts and Badges to change its setting. Then you are done and you can return to your iPhone’s home screen.
- First of all login to your AOL account by enter your username and password.
- Then click the Mobile tab, and then click your mobile number from the drop-down menu. You need to check the box next which is right to “Forward IMs to my phone” and “Enable AIM to Mobile.”
- Again click on your mobile number from the browser’s drop-down menu. And now you can click on the “Sign Out” button located in the top-right corner of your browser in order to exit from your entire AOL account.
You can also change the AOL Mail Mobile Notification from AIM Application, for that you need to download the AIM Instant Messaging application first and install it.
Share and Enjoy
All the emails that you receive through AOL are saved in the Filing Cabinet. Filing Cabinet can easily be backed up onto your computer hard drive or any other storage component. This backup copy can further be restored in the event of a malfunction or if you have bought a new computer. To Back up Mail in AOL into a hard drive or any other storage devices you need to follow the following steps that are described further in this article.
Steps to Back Up Mail in AOL
- At first login to your AOL account.
- After that you need to click on “Mail” or “Email” button located on the AOL tool bar. And then Click on “Filing Cabinet.”
- Then right click on the folder that you want to back up and then select on “Save folder as.”
- You need to type a name for the folder on the “File Name” field and then “Save Folder Screen.” For which you need to navigate the location where you want to back up the folder. You can also write down the location where the folder is saved.
- If you want to save more folders then you need to repeat these steps again in the Filing Cabinet.
- You can close the Filing Cabinet window after you are done saving your files and folders by clicking the red “X” in the upper right corner.
Some Tips & Warnings
- Creating a backup at regular time on a hard drive or any removable storage device makes AOL run faster. After you are done creating Back up Mail in AOL you can delete the files from the Filing Cabinet.
- You can also backup AOL “Favorite Places” on your hard drive.
- You should not use you screen name as a name of your folder because it can create conflicts in future.
Share and Enjoy
If you are planning to open and AOL Email Account, then you will automatically get access to all the products and services that are being provided by AOL. Signing up on AOL gives you a unique username or screen name which also acts as your passport to all the AOL’s message board areas and AIM, AOL’s instant messaging service. Not only aol.com provides its email services for free but it also provides its members with different attractive features. An AOL email service provides it’s users with address book, calendar options, mailing lists and POP3 support. So don’t just think, go ahead and open an AOL email account as it is free to open and also provides you the access to everything that AOL.com offers. If you don’t know the process to open an account you can follow the following steps.
Steps to Open an AOL Email Account
- You need to launch your web browser at first and then get to the AOL’s main by entering aol.com in the address bar.
- Click on the envelope icon just beside the search bar on the top of your screen.
- After that click on “Get a Free Username” on the AOL Mail login page.
- Enter all the required information in the respective fields. AOL asks you to enter the information such as your name, date of birth, desired username, and password along with the security question information.
- Type the letters that you see in the image into the field directly below it in order to prove that you are a real person rather than being a bot. You can press the buttons right next to the image to get the next picture or to get the audio assistance.
- Al last click “Submit” to finish the registration process and now you are done with AOL Email Account registration process.
Share and Enjoy
AOL is an American based company which operates worldwide. The company generally develops, grows, and invests in type’s brands and websites. Among the different products and service provided by AOL, some of them are available for free and some are paid services. Among those services AOL Mail or AOL Email is the most popular and free for everyone to use. An AOL Email service is one of the recognized and best free email services in the world. But some says that there are other email services provide which provides more features and show fewer ads than AOL Mail.
If you have already registered with AOL for other AOL products then you can uses the same login credential to get access of AOL Email services. But some time you may face some login problems while getting to your AOL Account. So, you can follow the AOL Email Login steps that are listed below you get to your account easily.
AOL Email Login Steps
- At first go to AOL Login page using this url: my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp
- After that you need to enter your screen-name or email address in the respective field in the login box located to the right side of your screen.
- Then enter your password, just below the place where you have entered your screen name.
- At last click on the blue button, located at the bottom of the login box which says “Sign In” and you are done with the AOL Login process.
As you can see that logging in to your AOL account is an easy process, but sometime you may get some message rather that get redirected to your account. This may be caused because you may have entered your screen name or password incorrectly. So always check once before clicking on Sign In button. If the screen name that you have entered is correct and you are again seeing the error message, then you have forgotten your login password. Don’t worry you can also recover your password easily by clicking on forget password link and following the information provided.
Share and Enjoy
If you are looking for new Internet service provider and want to have install dial-up access, then you can go with the AOL Internet Service. Although AOL also provides you with different other services like web based email service, online AOL Radio, Aol Videos, instant messaging and other many more. But you still get the basic dial-up for a low price, and but with the dial-up, you will experience slower browsing because you don’t have to pay for the expensive equipment to get online.
Steps to order for AOL Internet Service
- First of get to the official AOL website from your web browser where you will find several different plans from which you have to choose from. You will also find the prices of each dial-up service option. The basic plan includes unlimited dial-up access along with the McAfee anti-virus and spyware support. Other than this service plan, Dial Up Advantage plan also provides you with unlimited access, identity theft insurance coverage, McAfee protection and hardware insurance coverage.
- If you have decided with which service plan to go with, then select “Sign Up Now” button and start providing your contact information along with your name, address and phone number.
- Then you have to pick an email address and password. Remember that you will further need this to manage your AOL dial-up service account. If you already have a registered AOL email address, then you can directly to your account and access to the AOL Internet services.
- You will also need to provide your billing information mainly your credit card, from where you will be billed automatically every month. You can cancel the AOL Internet service at any time you want.
- But you need to activate your AOL account by connecting it with your phone. After you have entered the payment you can start your installation process for which you need to select the access numbers in order to get online.
Share and Enjoy
The AOL Screen Name is the name that you select at the time registration, it can neither be change or deleted. But you can always delete or change the additional screen name that is connected to the primary account anytime you want and select a new one. This gives you the opportunity to change your username for different AOL services. Other than that you can change your display name for any account, it is the name that other people see when you send them an email.
Steps to Change your AOL Screen Name
- At first you need to Login to your AOL account using your master screen name and password. After that you need to enter the answer to your Security Question and click “Continue” to get to your account.
- Then select “Manage My Usernames or Screen Name” under the username options.
- You can click on the “X” button in the delete column right next to the username that you need to remove in the Additional Usernames section. After you click on “Delete” you need to confirm that you want to remove that screen name.
- You can also enter the screen name that you want through the add screen name box from the Manage Usernames and click on “Add” button. The screen name added may or may not be available, in such case you will automatically suggested with the available user name.
- After that you have to select an appropriate age category for available name that you want to add along with the confirmation message in other to verify the change.
- Change Your Display Name Log in to AOL with the username and password for which you want to change your display name
- Select “Options” and then click “Mail Settings.”
- Select “Compose.”
- Enter the name you want people to see when they receive your email messages in the Display Name box.
- Click “Save Settings.”
Share and Enjoy
AOL Facebook Login is possible due to the partnership between AOL and Facebook. The user’s Facebook friends are integrated into their AOL Instant Messenger. As the mercury news stated, about 70% of AOL users also use Facebook. This partnership between aol.com and Facebook will use Facebook Connect to import a user’s Facebook friends into their AIM contacts. This import will enable chat directly between the two services. The 17 million users of AIM will get the chance to continue using AIM. On the other hand they will also be able to keep in touch with their existing friends on AIM. Isn’t this wonderful for both and AOL and Facebook users.
Once the users get connected to the AOL Facebook login or AOL lifestream, he/she will get posts made by this app in your Facebook timeline. In order to create the post, this app will receive your basic info, email address, activities, likes, stories: events, photos, status updates and videos, Friends’ activities, Friends’ likes, Stories shared with you: events, photos, status updates and videos. Facebook and AOL are partner websites. So, the Facebook users can connect with its partner websites. With the connection of Facebook with AOL, the users can post messages on Facebook profile from AOL’s website.
Steps for AOL Facebook Login
- At first, Install the AOL Lifestream Facebook app on your profile.
- Type “AOL” into the Search text box after login to Facebook.
- Click the “magnifying glass” or the search button to the right of the search box.
- Click “Apps” in the left column and choose from a complete range of certificates with the strongest SSL.
- After that click on “View App” to the right of AOL Lifestream.
- Click “Go to App.” You will be redirected to the AOL Lifestream Web page.
- Click “Sign up now” and then click “Login with Facebook.”
- Click the “Allow” button to give the application access to your profile, then click “Continue.” After the app has installed, you can post messages on AOL Life stream and they will post to Facebook.
Share and Enjoy