The AOL Screen Name is the name that you select at the time registration, it can neither be change or deleted. But you can always delete or change the additional screen name that is connected to the primary account anytime you want and select a new one. This gives you the opportunity to change your username for different AOL services. Other than that you can change your display name for any account, it is the name that other people see when you send them an email.
Steps to Change your AOL Screen Name
- At first you need to Login to your AOL account using your master screen name and password. After that you need to enter the answer to your Security Question and click “Continue” to get to your account.
- Then select “Manage My Usernames or Screen Name” under the username options.
- You can click on the “X” button in the delete column right next to the username that you need to remove in the Additional Usernames section. After you click on “Delete” you need to confirm that you want to remove that screen name.
- You can also enter the screen name that you want through the add screen name box from the Manage Usernames and click on “Add” button. The screen name added may or may not be available, in such case you will automatically suggested with the available user name.
- After that you have to select an appropriate age category for available name that you want to add along with the confirmation message in other to verify the change.
- Change Your Display Name Log in to AOL with the username and password for which you want to change your display name
- Select “Options” and then click “Mail Settings.”
- Select “Compose.”
- Enter the name you want people to see when they receive your email messages in the Display Name box.
- Click “Save Settings.”
Share and Enjoy
AOL Facebook Login is possible due to the partnership between AOL and Facebook. The user’s Facebook friends are integrated into their AOL Instant Messenger. As the mercury news stated, about 70% of AOL users also use Facebook. This partnership between aol.com and Facebook will use Facebook Connect to import a user’s Facebook friends into their AIM contacts. This import will enable chat directly between the two services. The 17 million users of AIM will get the chance to continue using AIM. On the other hand they will also be able to keep in touch with their existing friends on AIM. Isn’t this wonderful for both and AOL and Facebook users.
Once the users get connected to the AOL Facebook login or AOL lifestream, he/she will get posts made by this app in your Facebook timeline. In order to create the post, this app will receive your basic info, email address, activities, likes, stories: events, photos, status updates and videos, Friends’ activities, Friends’ likes, Stories shared with you: events, photos, status updates and videos. Facebook and AOL are partner websites. So, the Facebook users can connect with its partner websites. With the connection of Facebook with AOL, the users can post messages on Facebook profile from AOL’s website.
Steps for AOL Facebook Login
- At first, Install the AOL Lifestream Facebook app on your profile.
- Type “AOL” into the Search text box after login to Facebook.
- Click the “magnifying glass” or the search button to the right of the search box.
- Click “Apps” in the left column and choose from a complete range of certificates with the strongest SSL.
- After that click on “View App” to the right of AOL Lifestream.
- Click “Go to App.” You will be redirected to the AOL Lifestream Web page.
- Click “Sign up now” and then click “Login with Facebook.”
- Click the “Allow” button to give the application access to your profile, then click “Continue.” After the app has installed, you can post messages on AOL Life stream and they will post to Facebook.
Share and Enjoy
If you are a registered user of AOL servicers then you must have tried to get in contact with AOL or American Online for some type of technical support, and you also know that it is a very frustrating process. But for the paid AOL service users may not have faced this problem but the free AOL account user goes through this problem. Online support is rarely available to the lowest-plan users or the free users. This can make you difficult to use the services of AOL such AOL Mail, AOL Raido and other at times.
Steps to Contact AOL
- At first get to the AOL help page, by entering the URL: aol.com from your web browser. From this page, you can search for the solution for the problems that you are facing while using different AOL services including AOL instant messaging, email services, security, AOL Radio and AOL videos.
- You can also click on the link which says “Contact AOL“, you can find the link all over the pages, but only contact AOL if you didn’t find solution to your problem on the help page.
- You can also get the online support if you have any one of the mid-priced or premium membership with AOL, which includes AOL Basic Dial-Up or the AOL High-Speed Essentials accounts. Both of these services offers 24/7 online technical support through Online Chat or from some other AOL software using the customer support link from the toolbar. AOL Dial-Up Advantage also offers the Online Support but the free and lower-cost users don’t have asses to the customer support.
- You can call on AOL help desk at (800) 827-3338. But you should remember that only the paying AOL members can access the free technical support line. At first the automated service will ask for your screen name and confirms that you are a paying member, only after that you will be transferred for technical support.
Share and Enjoy
It is an easy process to create an AOL account, but deleting one is a tricky process, not everyone can delete AOL Account with a single try. AOL offers web based email services addresses to its customers who completes the free AOL Sign Up or creates an AOL Instant Messenger screen name or AIM screen name. As AOL.com provides no deactivation link to its users, but the cancellation process can be followed by phone call or by letter or fax.
Steps to Delete AOL Account or Email Address
- Best way to deactivate AOL account is by, not getting to your account for six months. After that your account will be automatically deleted if you are using AOL Free Account. But you cannot delete your account if it is tied with AIM or AOL Instant Messenger.
- Yon cam call on Toll free number, 1-888-265-8008 to place a request to cancel your paid account. It is the only way to cancel your account if you are paid subscriber.
- Start your conversation by saying “cancellation” because initially you will be speaking to an automated system, but after providing the answer to your security question you will be transferred to an operator, where they will offer you with different offers, say “no “ to all.
- If you don’t want to go with the phone call, you can download and fill a simple PDF form available on the website and mail it to AOL at P.O. Box 65100, Sterling, VA 20165-8800. You can also fax the form to 703-433-7283.
- Get updated with deletion process to ensure if your account is completely deactivated, if you are a paid user.
Note: If you are using the paid AOL account, then you can delete your secondary email accounts by the Master account. But the master account can only be closed by following the above steps.
Share and Enjoy
With an AOL Sign In, the customers have the access to the world’s largest “walled garden” online community. This access eventually supports them to reach out to the Internet as a whole. AOL.com is an American global web services providing company. This company has a variety of brands and offerings and a global audience. In this website the user can get variety of services such as:
- News: Huffington post, Sports and Political news along with Weird and World.
- Entertainment: Celebrity, Comedy, Games, Movies, Music, TV listings, TV news.
- Finance: Jobs,Business news, Small Business, My Portfolios, Daily finance, Real Estate.
- Tech: Engadget, Huffpost tech, TUAW and Techcrunch.
- Lifestyle: Black voices, food, family, Health, Horoscopes, Mandatory.
- Shop: Carfinder, Coupons, Life store, Shopping, Travel Deals, Yellow Pages.
- Services: AOL toolbar, Browser updates, Downloads, Find a job, Free email.
AOL Sign In Steps
- Go to the homepage of AOL which is www.aol.com, from your web browser.
- On the right top side, there is sign in link, click on it and you will be redirected to the AOL Sign In page.
- After that you need to enter your username or generally known as screen name in AOL or your email ID.
- Then enter your password.
- At last press sign in button to get to your AOL Account.
You can check the “remember me”, if you want to save your AOL Username and password on that computer and uncheck it if you don’t want. While enter your password you need be sure if you have entered the correct password to avoid the aol mail login problem, check if the caps lock is on or not before entering your AOL password. After you have logged in to your account you can also set your status from available to invisible. You can always get to your account using the alternative login process from Facebook or Gmail.
Share and Enjoy
The first and the important service that you can get from Free AOL account is the free web-based email services from aol.com. Other that the web mail service you can access a lot of other Free AOL Services, only if you have a registered AOL account or only after you have create an AOL Account.
Free AOL Account Services
Xdrive a personal hard drive of your own on the Internet which you can access from anywhere and in anytime. For a free account you get only 5 GB of online storage in which you can easily copy files from your computer such as videos, photos or anything you want. But now Xdrive is defunct, but you can access other free online storage such as SkyDrive or Drop Box.
AOLVideo.com is just as YouTube a video portal where you can upload your videos, search through the millions of video that other users have uploaded. And also you can, buy and download movies or watch classic TV shows.
You can listen to all your favorite music online with the help of AOL Radio. With over 200 iternet radio stations, you have a complete choice to select from Classical to Country or Hip-Hop to Alternative or anything you want to listen.
AIM Phoneline gives you all the incoming calls along with all your voicemail and you can also get connected with your AIM buddy list. You need to get your own “AIM digits”, so you can give it to marketers, some people that you meet at social functions, etc. It’s free and local telephone number that comes with voicemail get delivered right to your inbox. And if you are online thane you can also answer calls using your PC microphone and speakers.
AOL Safety and Security Center provides you with the anti-virus protection to protect personal computer and all the e-mail that you receive.
Share and Enjoy
If you already have an AOL account, then you can easily configure the Group Mail mailing list with the AOL Email settings in order to send newsletters and group emails through AOL SMTP mail server. You just need to add all of these AOL email settings to the Group Mail.
AOL Email Setting for Group Mail
- At first, you need to add all your user information, is such a way the how you need to present yourself to all the mail recipients. And you also need to provide your AOL ID and the email ID on which you want to receive all the replies. You can also provide your name and the organization name. You can leave the organization field blank also.
- After that you need to go to the AOL SMTP mail server address i.e. smtp.aol.com, and check the box which says “Requires Authentication “and click Setup button. On the same area you can set the number of delivery connections and also the delivery pauses.
- You also need to check “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound) section, keeping it to the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your registered screen name and password. After that click OK then you’ll be forwarded back to Delivery Options tab.
- After that go to the “Advanced” section from the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and there you can change the SMTP Port which is at default 25 to 587, and you can also add a custom domain. And for AOL, the custom domain is aol.com. At last, click OK.
Other than that you can also use the AOL Settings to send messages through AOL outgoing email server.
- You should be sure that if you have clicked OK at the bottom of Delivery Options in order to save all your settings that you have changed. You can change the setting anytime you want but you need to remember to save those settings.
- At times ISPs make changes, if you are experience any problems with those settings; you can always contact AOL in order to confirm the SMTP settings.
Share and Enjoy
AIM Express or AOL Instant Messenger is the online version of AOL Messenger which you can use to interact or chat with your friends and family. AOL AIM Express directly works from the web browser so you need not to download a separate messenger application. AOL Express is completely based on Adobe Flash, so you can easily login to AOL account and chat instantly with whoever is online from your contact. This is really helpful for you when you are outside your home and using other person’s computer and there is no AIM Messenger installed on it.
If you are using AIM Express then you cannot use the features such as video conferencing, file transfer or check your friend’s information. If you want to use these features you have to download AIM Messenger from: http://www.aim.com/.
All you need is a registered AOL screen name to use AOL AIM Express, or you can also use your Facebook account. You should know that this service runs on pop-up windows, so you need to check whether it’s blocked by your browser or not.
Basic Features of AOL AIM Express
- View your full contact list.
- Easily chat with your friends from other social networking sites such as Facebook and Gtalk.
- Easily update status from Facebook account.
- Share things on your Twitter timeline.
As facebook.com has taken over all other social networking sites, its common that most of people are using Facebook messenger. As AIM Messenger also give its users to interact with their Facebook contacts, it’s unlikely that it will fade away it’s a decade of successful memories that easily.
Anyways, AIM Express is just an easy solution for AOL Messenger onto your computer. If you are a regular user of it then you may know how useful it is for you.
Share and Enjoy
The AOL UK is especially for the users of UK, which is fully loaded with various features. Those varieties of features that AOL offers are: latest news updates, sport news, entertainment, lifestyle, parenting tips, money, products, shopping facility, women, travel, eBay, lottery and help. All these awesome features can be used by UK users by visiting the site http://www.aol.co.uk/ and successful completing the AOL Mail UK login process. Some of the AOL brands that can be used by UK users are auto blog, my daily, the Huffington post, AOL search, AOL travel, AOL money, life store, AOL mail. In AOL.com, you can also get the high quality article in the internet. AOL’s content sites and products allow more than 250 million visitors around the world to access the best collection of journalists, artists and musicians on the web.
The mission of AOL team is to inform, entertain and connect. AOL gives the latest and most credible information-both globally and locally. The AOL focuses is to connect you with information and people across the world. But to access all these things you need to have get registered with AOL and only then you can login to your aol account and get access to all of its feature.
AOL Mail UK Login Steps
- Go to the page www.aol.co.uk from your browser.
- On the top right of the page there is sign in button, press it or you can get directly to AOL Login Page form mail.aol.co.uk.
- After that enter your registered AOL Email ID generally known as your screen name.
- And then, enter your password.
- Press “sign in”, and you are done with the AOL Mail UK login process.
You can also download AOL for desktop or the AOL Toolbar to remain connected to your aol account and get the notification of incoming mails, updates on latest news and more.
Share and Enjoy
If you are unable to Login to AOL Mail, that may be caused by different reasons such as password error, bad cookies and many more. To get back on right track, you can follow the solutions which are explained below in this article. You can also be unable to sign in to AOL due to the Image Challenge, for which you have to follow Image challenge FAQs.
AOL Mail Login Problems due to browser’s security settings
- You should use the latest version of browser so check which browser version you’re using.
- If its latest one then go to security setting set the security settings to default and if you are using the older browser version the updated and follow the same procedure.
- Now Login to your AOL account using your login credential.
AOL Mail Login Problems caused due to Bad Cookies, Cache or history
You rarely clean out your browser’s cache, cookies or history. So now make some time to keep your browser clean to avoid unwanted errors.
- All websites store some temporary files as cookies on your browser, to remember for your next visit. It’s a nice thing but sometimes it causes problem with your email.
- Your browser records the history every time you access that site and after a long period of time, then the cache file size can become quite large causing different types of problems.
Once you have cleared your cookies, cache and history you may lose data of the AOL Radio presets, Websites you have visited, your shopping cart, and Customized pages.
Reset your AOL Password
You may also face the AOL Login Problem; if you forget your login password. Then you may reset your password and then you are ready again. All you have to do is answer some security question that you have set at the time of registration.
Share and Enjoy