All the emails that you receive through AOL are saved in the Filing Cabinet. Filing Cabinet can easily be backed up onto your computer hard drive or any other storage component. This backup copy can further be restored in the event of a malfunction or if you have bought a new computer. To Back up Mail in AOL into a hard drive or any other storage devices you need to follow the following steps that are described further in this article.
Steps to Back Up Mail in AOL
- At first login to your AOL account.
- After that you need to click on “Mail” or “Email” button located on the AOL tool bar. And then Click on “Filing Cabinet.”
- Then right click on the folder that you want to back up and then select on “Save folder as.”
- You need to type a name for the folder on the “File Name” field and then “Save Folder Screen.” For which you need to navigate the location where you want to back up the folder. You can also write down the location where the folder is saved.
- If you want to save more folders then you need to repeat these steps again in the Filing Cabinet.
- You can close the Filing Cabinet window after you are done saving your files and folders by clicking the red “X” in the upper right corner.
Some Tips & Warnings
- Creating a backup at regular time on a hard drive or any removable storage device makes AOL run faster. After you are done creating Back up Mail in AOL you can delete the files from the Filing Cabinet.
- You can also backup AOL “Favorite Places” on your hard drive.
- You should not use you screen name as a name of your folder because it can create conflicts in future.
Share and Enjoy
If you are planning to open and AOL Email Account, then you will automatically get access to all the products and services that are being provided by AOL. Signing up on AOL gives you a unique username or screen name which also acts as your passport to all the AOL’s message board areas and AIM, AOL’s instant messaging service. Not only aol.com provides its email services for free but it also provides its members with different attractive features. An AOL email service provides it’s users with address book, calendar options, mailing lists and POP3 support. So don’t just think, go ahead and open an AOL email account as it is free to open and also provides you the access to everything that AOL.com offers. If you don’t know the process to open an account you can follow the following steps.
Steps to Open an AOL Email Account
- You need to launch your web browser at first and then get to the AOL’s main by entering aol.com in the address bar.
- Click on the envelope icon just beside the search bar on the top of your screen.
- After that click on “Get a Free Username” on the AOL Mail login page.
- Enter all the required information in the respective fields. AOL asks you to enter the information such as your name, date of birth, desired username, and password along with the security question information.
- Type the letters that you see in the image into the field directly below it in order to prove that you are a real person rather than being a bot. You can press the buttons right next to the image to get the next picture or to get the audio assistance.
- Al last click “Submit” to finish the registration process and now you are done with AOL Email Account registration process.
Share and Enjoy
AOL is an American based company which operates worldwide. The company generally develops, grows, and invests in type’s brands and websites. Among the different products and service provided by AOL, some of them are available for free and some are paid services. Among those services AOL Mail or AOL Email is the most popular and free for everyone to use. An AOL Email service is one of the recognized and best free email services in the world. But some says that there are other email services provide which provides more features and show fewer ads than AOL Mail.
If you have already registered with AOL for other AOL products then you can uses the same login credential to get access of AOL Email services. But some time you may face some login problems while getting to your AOL Account. So, you can follow the AOL Email Login steps that are listed below you get to your account easily.
AOL Email Login Steps
- At first go to AOL Login page using this url: my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp
- After that you need to enter your screen-name or email address in the respective field in the login box located to the right side of your screen.
- Then enter your password, just below the place where you have entered your screen name.
- At last click on the blue button, located at the bottom of the login box which says “Sign In” and you are done with the AOL Login process.
As you can see that logging in to your AOL account is an easy process, but sometime you may get some message rather that get redirected to your account. This may be caused because you may have entered your screen name or password incorrectly. So always check once before clicking on Sign In button. If the screen name that you have entered is correct and you are again seeing the error message, then you have forgotten your login password. Don’t worry you can also recover your password easily by clicking on forget password link and following the information provided.
Share and Enjoy
If you are looking for new Internet service provider and want to have install dial-up access, then you can go with the AOL Internet Service. Although AOL also provides you with different other services like web based email service, online AOL Radio, Aol Videos, instant messaging and other many more. But you still get the basic dial-up for a low price, and but with the dial-up, you will experience slower browsing because you don’t have to pay for the expensive equipment to get online.
Steps to order for AOL Internet Service
- First of get to the official AOL website from your web browser where you will find several different plans from which you have to choose from. You will also find the prices of each dial-up service option. The basic plan includes unlimited dial-up access along with the McAfee anti-virus and spyware support. Other than this service plan, Dial Up Advantage plan also provides you with unlimited access, identity theft insurance coverage, McAfee protection and hardware insurance coverage.
- If you have decided with which service plan to go with, then select “Sign Up Now” button and start providing your contact information along with your name, address and phone number.
- Then you have to pick an email address and password. Remember that you will further need this to manage your AOL dial-up service account. If you already have a registered AOL email address, then you can directly to your account and access to the AOL Internet services.
- You will also need to provide your billing information mainly your credit card, from where you will be billed automatically every month. You can cancel the AOL Internet service at any time you want.
- But you need to activate your AOL account by connecting it with your phone. After you have entered the payment you can start your installation process for which you need to select the access numbers in order to get online.
Share and Enjoy
The AOL Screen Name is the name that you select at the time registration, it can neither be change or deleted. But you can always delete or change the additional screen name that is connected to the primary account anytime you want and select a new one. This gives you the opportunity to change your username for different AOL services. Other than that you can change your display name for any account, it is the name that other people see when you send them an email.
Steps to Change your AOL Screen Name
- At first you need to Login to your AOL account using your master screen name and password. After that you need to enter the answer to your Security Question and click “Continue” to get to your account.
- Then select “Manage My Usernames or Screen Name” under the username options.
- You can click on the “X” button in the delete column right next to the username that you need to remove in the Additional Usernames section. After you click on “Delete” you need to confirm that you want to remove that screen name.
- You can also enter the screen name that you want through the add screen name box from the Manage Usernames and click on “Add” button. The screen name added may or may not be available, in such case you will automatically suggested with the available user name.
- After that you have to select an appropriate age category for available name that you want to add along with the confirmation message in other to verify the change.
- Change Your Display Name Log in to AOL with the username and password for which you want to change your display name
- Select “Options” and then click “Mail Settings.”
- Select “Compose.”
- Enter the name you want people to see when they receive your email messages in the Display Name box.
- Click “Save Settings.”
Share and Enjoy
AOL Facebook Login is possible due to the partnership between AOL and Facebook. The user’s Facebook friends are integrated into their AOL Instant Messenger. As the mercury news stated, about 70% of AOL users also use Facebook. This partnership between aol.com and Facebook will use Facebook Connect to import a user’s Facebook friends into their AIM contacts. This import will enable chat directly between the two services. The 17 million users of AIM will get the chance to continue using AIM. On the other hand they will also be able to keep in touch with their existing friends on AIM. Isn’t this wonderful for both and AOL and Facebook users.
Once the users get connected to the AOL Facebook login or AOL lifestream, he/she will get posts made by this app in your Facebook timeline. In order to create the post, this app will receive your basic info, email address, activities, likes, stories: events, photos, status updates and videos, Friends’ activities, Friends’ likes, Stories shared with you: events, photos, status updates and videos. Facebook and AOL are partner websites. So, the Facebook users can connect with its partner websites. With the connection of Facebook with AOL, the users can post messages on Facebook profile from AOL’s website.
Steps for AOL Facebook Login
- At first, Install the AOL Lifestream Facebook app on your profile.
- Type “AOL” into the Search text box after login to Facebook.
- Click the “magnifying glass” or the search button to the right of the search box.
- Click “Apps” in the left column and choose from a complete range of certificates with the strongest SSL.
- After that click on “View App” to the right of AOL Lifestream.
- Click “Go to App.” You will be redirected to the AOL Lifestream Web page.
- Click “Sign up now” and then click “Login with Facebook.”
- Click the “Allow” button to give the application access to your profile, then click “Continue.” After the app has installed, you can post messages on AOL Life stream and they will post to Facebook.
Share and Enjoy
If you are a registered user of AOL servicers then you must have tried to get in contact with AOL or American Online for some type of technical support, and you also know that it is a very frustrating process. But for the paid AOL service users may not have faced this problem but the free AOL account user goes through this problem. Online support is rarely available to the lowest-plan users or the free users. This can make you difficult to use the services of AOL such AOL Mail, AOL Raido and other at times.
Steps to Contact AOL
- At first get to the AOL help page, by entering the URL: aol.com from your web browser. From this page, you can search for the solution for the problems that you are facing while using different AOL services including AOL instant messaging, email services, security, AOL Radio and AOL videos.
- You can also click on the link which says “Contact AOL“, you can find the link all over the pages, but only contact AOL if you didn’t find solution to your problem on the help page.
- You can also get the online support if you have any one of the mid-priced or premium membership with AOL, which includes AOL Basic Dial-Up or the AOL High-Speed Essentials accounts. Both of these services offers 24/7 online technical support through Online Chat or from some other AOL software using the customer support link from the toolbar. AOL Dial-Up Advantage also offers the Online Support but the free and lower-cost users don’t have asses to the customer support.
- You can call on AOL help desk at (800) 827-3338. But you should remember that only the paying AOL members can access the free technical support line. At first the automated service will ask for your screen name and confirms that you are a paying member, only after that you will be transferred for technical support.
Share and Enjoy
It is an easy process to create an AOL account, but deleting one is a tricky process, not everyone can delete AOL Account with a single try. AOL offers web based email services addresses to its customers who completes the free AOL Sign Up or creates an AOL Instant Messenger screen name or AIM screen name. As AOL.com provides no deactivation link to its users, but the cancellation process can be followed by phone call or by letter or fax.
Steps to Delete AOL Account or Email Address
- Best way to deactivate AOL account is by, not getting to your account for six months. After that your account will be automatically deleted if you are using AOL Free Account. But you cannot delete your account if it is tied with AIM or AOL Instant Messenger.
- Yon cam call on Toll free number, 1-888-265-8008 to place a request to cancel your paid account. It is the only way to cancel your account if you are paid subscriber.
- Start your conversation by saying “cancellation” because initially you will be speaking to an automated system, but after providing the answer to your security question you will be transferred to an operator, where they will offer you with different offers, say “no “ to all.
- If you don’t want to go with the phone call, you can download and fill a simple PDF form available on the website and mail it to AOL at P.O. Box 65100, Sterling, VA 20165-8800. You can also fax the form to 703-433-7283.
- Get updated with deletion process to ensure if your account is completely deactivated, if you are a paid user.
Note: If you are using the paid AOL account, then you can delete your secondary email accounts by the Master account. But the master account can only be closed by following the above steps.
Share and Enjoy
With an AOL Sign In, the customers have the access to the world’s largest “walled garden” online community. This access eventually supports them to reach out to the Internet as a whole. AOL.com is an American global web services providing company. This company has a variety of brands and offerings and a global audience. In this website the user can get variety of services such as:
- News: Huffington post, Sports and Political news along with Weird and World.
- Entertainment: Celebrity, Comedy, Games, Movies, Music, TV listings, TV news.
- Finance: Jobs,Business news, Small Business, My Portfolios, Daily finance, Real Estate.
- Tech: Engadget, Huffpost tech, TUAW and Techcrunch.
- Lifestyle: Black voices, food, family, Health, Horoscopes, Mandatory.
- Shop: Carfinder, Coupons, Life store, Shopping, Travel Deals, Yellow Pages.
- Services: AOL toolbar, Browser updates, Downloads, Find a job, Free email.
AOL Sign In Steps
- Go to the homepage of AOL which is www.aol.com, from your web browser.
- On the right top side, there is sign in link, click on it and you will be redirected to the AOL Sign In page.
- After that you need to enter your username or generally known as screen name in AOL or your email ID.
- Then enter your password.
- At last press sign in button to get to your AOL Account.
You can check the “remember me”, if you want to save your AOL Username and password on that computer and uncheck it if you don’t want. While enter your password you need be sure if you have entered the correct password to avoid the aol mail login problem, check if the caps lock is on or not before entering your AOL password. After you have logged in to your account you can also set your status from available to invisible. You can always get to your account using the alternative login process from Facebook or Gmail.
Share and Enjoy
The first and the important service that you can get from Free AOL account is the free web-based email services from aol.com. Other that the web mail service you can access a lot of other Free AOL Services, only if you have a registered AOL account or only after you have create an AOL Account.
Free AOL Account Services
Xdrive a personal hard drive of your own on the Internet which you can access from anywhere and in anytime. For a free account you get only 5 GB of online storage in which you can easily copy files from your computer such as videos, photos or anything you want. But now Xdrive is defunct, but you can access other free online storage such as SkyDrive or Drop Box.
AOLVideo.com is just as YouTube a video portal where you can upload your videos, search through the millions of video that other users have uploaded. And also you can, buy and download movies or watch classic TV shows.
You can listen to all your favorite music online with the help of AOL Radio. With over 200 iternet radio stations, you have a complete choice to select from Classical to Country or Hip-Hop to Alternative or anything you want to listen.
AIM Phoneline gives you all the incoming calls along with all your voicemail and you can also get connected with your AIM buddy list. You need to get your own “AIM digits”, so you can give it to marketers, some people that you meet at social functions, etc. It’s free and local telephone number that comes with voicemail get delivered right to your inbox. And if you are online thane you can also answer calls using your PC microphone and speakers.
AOL Safety and Security Center provides you with the anti-virus protection to protect personal computer and all the e-mail that you receive.
Share and Enjoy